Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Plateaus

As I sit typing this blog, I am experiencing a dull soreness in my arms. Yesterday, I returned
to a place of necessity - the gym. After a few weeks off, I realized that the gym had changed in
my absence. For four years, Marie and I have been using certain machines for our exercise routines. However, when we arrived at the gym the machines were gone. So, we began a
new routine on machines we had never used before. These new machines worked muscles I
didn't even know existed. Using the old machines had resulted in a plateauing of our muscles.
Too often in God's kingdom we are content to use the same old methods to reach the lost and
to advance the kingdom. May God remove the old machines and surprise us with new machines to exercise our spiritual muscles to overcome any plateaus in our churches or in our lives. Bring on sore spiritual muscles!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home