Friday, April 14, 2006

Unexpected Pain

There is nothing like unexpected pain, (ouch). The other day, I was in the dentist office and the dental assistant said that placing the crown on my back tooth wouldn't hurt since all the main work was done when the temporary crown was placed on my tooth. She was very, very, wrong. After I landed back on the dentist chair, it was unanimously decided by all that novocain would be administered. After several shots of this wonderful drug that makes your face feel like rubber, the crown was applied only to break as I bit down on a piece of cotton attempting to seal the crown on my tooth. I was then informed that the crown would be cut off and a new crown would be put on my aching tooth. Unlike me in the dentist cahir, Jesus knew the pain was coming. It was not unexpected but prophesied: Isa 53:4-5 - "Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted. But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed." (NKJV) The good news is there will never be a need for another cross and His crown is secure and unbroken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home