Saturday, September 15, 2007

Other People's Leaves

Yesterday, as I was sitting in the front room of the house reading the Word, I looked out the window and noticed it was that time again. The time is autumn with leaves beginning to fall. When we bought our home over five years ago, the former owners mentioned to us that the leaves from the neighbors' trees often ended up in the yard. This couple were true prophets as every year since moving in to our home, I have spent hours cleaning-up other people's leaves. Sometimes, I get so tired of this annual event I want to move. Last year something happened that helped me in my leaf collection exhaustion - help from my family! Instead of dreading the job, I actually enjoyed it as talked and worked together. Helping people with the leaves of their fallen condition can also be exhausting but working together with other leaf removers can sure help with the process especially with those who seem to put more leaves in your yard than others. So, don't move yet instead find a team of leaf collectors.

2 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you just leave em be the snow covers up all them leaves and you don't gotta worry with em. Can be fun to get the younguns out there jumpin in leaf piles and then you set fire to them piles after that though. But if they hired you to fix up the school yard just don't do that with them leaves or you go home with no job again. So if you need help with your leaves seems like I have time again. I'll bring the younguns and some gasoline. What time you havin supper?

 
At 6:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great visual!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home