Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mixed-Up Days & Nights

Today, I realized that like a newborn baby, my days and nights are mixed-up. Israel is seven hours ahead of us and so my body is still on Israeli time. I went to bed real early last night and now I am wide awake in the wee hours of the morning while my family sleeps. The culture in which we live also has its days and nights mixed-up. Isaiah the prophet described this phenomenon in this verse: Isaiah 5:20 - "Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!" Paul the Apostle stated this idea this way: 1 Thessalonians 5:5 - "for ye are all sons of light, and sons of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home